The new year is less than 24 hours old and already we've had an incident involving a bingo hall.
According to local reports, the fire brigade was called out in the early hours of New Year's Day after smoke was seen billowing from the Club 3000 bingo hall in Preston.
Firefighters entered the building on New Hall Lane in Preston to find any fire already out. They also found evidence that a tablet device used during bingo sessions had at some point caught on fire, which caused a smoke alarm to be activated and the fire brigade called out.
Apparently, although no fire was found at the Club 3000 Preston premises, breathing apparatus was needed by the firefighters who had to deal with the smoke in the Lancashire bingo venue.
The popular bingo venue is expected to be open as normal and an investigation is expected to be undertaken as to how the fire started.
Ben has been an massive bingo enthusiast and fan since playing at the seaside as a kid. Dedicated to bringing you the latest and best bingo news from the UK